Introducing our first ever Monthly Spotlight piece: The Farmhouse Dry Sink!
Before homes had indoor plumbing, “dry sinks” were an indispensable piece of kitchen furniture. The top area was a place to hold large bowls or basins of water while to lower shelves, cabinets or drawers provided storage space, or perhaps served as a pie-safe. Today, The Farmhouse Dry Sink has many contemporary applications. Designed and perfectly detailed to serve as an entertainment center, a wine bar or a baby changing table, this unique, heirloom-quality piece of furniture can find a home in any room…or move from room to room as your family grows or your needs change.
Made from new and reclaimed pine, The Farmhouse Dry Sink features:
- Our historic heirloom fern green-over-black layered paint finish
- Two doors fitted with old metal screen (re-purposed from an old, mid-western screened porch)
- Four adjustable shelves
- Five drawers with knobs fashioned from reclaimed chair turnings
- Tall storage space with plank door and wrought iron ring pull
- Top right features a flip lid cubby for storage
- Top left features a small drawer
Additionally, The Farmhouse Dry Sink comes with:
- Six slatted adjustable shelves for wine bottles so the bottles won’t roll
- Two adjustable shelves for DVDs
- 50″ wide
- 40 1/2″ high
- 18″ deep
- Top surface space is 38 1/2″ wide, made from reclaimed wood and will hold up to a 42″ diagonal T.V. or a standard changing pad
Price $695, not including shipping or delivery SOLD!
With so many possibilities, the only question remaining is how will you use The Farmhouse Dry Sink?
In consideration of our online friends and followers, this beautiful, versatile piece is available exclusively through this blog until the first weekend of March. On Saturday, March 3rd The Farmhouse Dry Sink will make its way to our room in Chocolate Soup and be made available to the general public. If you are seriously interested in this piece, act quickly and contact us at 209-742-6624.
* Please also note that many of the pictured accessories (hot air balloons, shelves, lamps, candle pillars) are available in our room at Chocolate Soup. Natalie, however, is not. *