Over the next couple weeks we will be featuring new pieces of my furniture that are currently available in our store, Chocolate Soup. If you are interested in purchasing any of these pieces, please contact us directly at the store during business hours at 209.966.5683. The store is open 7 days a week: Mon.-Sat. 10:00am-5:30pm and Sun. 11:00am-4:00pm. Thank you!
Today, we start with:
Dining Table and Benches
Made from reclaimed wood, the table top and bench seats are beautifully grained old fir. Bench bases feature a layered paint finish in Dark Sage Green.
Table: 5′ x 3′
Benches: 56″ long
$795.00 (3 piece set)
Completing the look:
Vintage School Chairs
Also painted in our Dark Sage Green
Think of it as a once-a-month, online “release” party. Every month we will craft a particularly unique piece of furniture–something really special. Perhaps it will feature reclaimed wood or salvaged hardware, or a new finish, or metal work. Perhaps it will be a corner desk, or a utility stand, or a quirky little hall table, or a chest of drawers. Perhaps it will be something like this:
Once a pile of old pallet wood…
Now a changing table for our grandson, Jacob:
(And when Jacob outgrows it, our daughter can use it as a dry sink–what a lovely two-in-one design!).
Perhaps one of the monthly Spotlights will be just the thing you’ve been looking for, or perhaps it will spark your imagination for a design you would like to commission. Who knows?
The idea is to keep our creativity flowing, your interest piqued, and to provide a venue by which to give you the very first dibs on our latest work. More, we hope the monthly Spotlight will give us a forum for showing and telling you more about the process of crafting a piece, from start to finish. To that end, we hope to provide monthly “Spotlight Previews” when appropriate, possibly depicting the raw materials (could be a pile of old pallet wood, or scraps of select grade maple), or possibly giving you a glimpse at traditional methods of furniture making, such as hand planing or dove-tailing. Most importantly, we hope this monthly Spotlight gives you a deep sense of the story behind our work, and behind the particular piece featured.
The nuts and bolts:
- If you haven’t already done it, subscribe to our blog so that you receive an email alert when we publish a new post–and release a new, monthly Spotlight.
- The spotlighting will begin in February, and subsequent Spotlights will be featured in the third week of each month–some time between the 15th and the 20th of every month.
- We will note the dimensions and price of each piece.
- What if you think you’d like to buy the piece? Give us a call right away–209-742-6624–and we’ll make some arrangements.
- Spotlight features that are not sold through contact with this blog will go to our room at Chocolate Soup or on the road with us to one of our many weekend, retail shows.
For now, watch closely–February is coming and so is the first Spotlight!